Welcome to Five for Friday at Rukia Publishing.
Today we ask featured author The Black Rose five questions about her writing life.
1. What is the genre of your writing?
The genre of my writing is simply categorized as interpersonal relationships: people's feelings, thoughts, emotions, and the intimacies between two people that truly love each other despite the circumstances surrounding them. I write about love, honor, and doing the right thing, even when it seems disadvantageous, even when it's not the popular path to take.
2. You take on many aspects of the publishing process, you write, design your books: interiors and covers, and then promote them. What do you find is the hardest part of this process?
Getting Readers to buy and read my books. Readers choose books for different reasons: reviews, popularity, advertising, recommendations, but in the end, they go back to the same authors because they understand and like the characters. That's trust. I sincerely hope that they trust me as an author and choose my books.
3. Who is your biggest source of inspiration in your writing life?
Other than God and my pup, being told I can’t accomplish something.
4. How do you pick the subjects that you write about?
I don't pick my subjects, they pick me. I'm traditional, even archaic. I believe in chivalry and honor, and I like to see more men and women pattern themselves after those virtues.
5. If you could share one thing about yourself that you would like readers to know, what would it be?
Everything anyone needs to know about me is in my stories.
Thank you for joining us today and be sure to let us know when we can expect to see your next book released!
Readers if you want to know more about The Black Rose and her books here are all the links you need.
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/theblackrosenyc
Goodreads author page: http://www.goodreads.com/TheBlackRoseNYC
Amazon links: amazon.com/author/theblackrose
Author website: http://www.theblackrosenyc.com
Prunes for Breakfast